Subscribe:

Labels

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Major Crimes - season 1 ends


     I've said before that I am thankful to the producers for creating a spin-off to "The Closer", as I've grown fond of the characters in the Major Crimes Division of the LAPD.  "Major Crimes" has me equally enraptured and now I'm feeling a little bereft after watching the last episode of season 1 (episode 10 titled Long Shot) last night.  You can read the episode recap here.


     Det. Lt. Louie Provenza has finally shown some approval to Capt. Raydor's way of closing cases, albeit short-lived.  Rusty Beck has changed for the better, despite the bad luck he's had with his biological parents (abandoned by mom, beaten by dad, he's had it tough).  But fret not ~ Major Crimes Division has become his guardian angels :-).  We've seen more character developments in the likes of Det. Julio Sanchez (weapons expert) & Det. Lt. Michael Tao and I'm s-l-o-w-l-y warming up to Det. Amy Sykes.  It will take a while to get used to her ... "apple-polishing" style.

     Memorable quotes from episode 10: 
Rusty: How weird is it that I'm happy to be an orphan?

Provenza: I thought you were just covering your ass so we could keep our case.
Sharon: I was precisely following the law.
Provenza: God. It's like working for a hall monitor every single day.

Sharon: Sir, I am afraid medical attention will not be reaching you in time. May I have a name to put on your death certificate?

Sharon: If it's any comfort to you Daniel, yesterday I was reminded how much good fathers are willing to sacrifice for their children. You're not cut out for the job.
     TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a second season (yay!).  They will return in summer, 2013, for 15 episodes. 

     à la prochaine fois




0 comments:

Post a Comment