Subscribe:

Labels

Saturday, December 15, 2012

House Cleaning


     Its been a while since I posted anything on this blog - my apologies.  Our helper went back to her home town for a 2 week home leave, and my husband and I were left on our own to take care of the house, the twins and the 2 yorkies.  I have to admit, I have become so reliant on our helper, Becca.  She cares for the twins like as if they were her own, she cleans the house very well, cooks, irons the clothes, the works.  So you can just imagine the state I was in when there was only a few days left before her departure for a well-deserved vacation. 

     I am totally clueless in the kitchen.  Oh I can bake ~ cookies, muffins, cupcakes, easy stuff.  But cooking?  I can fry an egg, sure.  But that's it.  So, the only solution I can think of for this dilemma was to ask Becca to cook the twins' favorite soups a day or two before she flies off.  I read in a blog by the Soup Chick that you can actually freeze the soups and they should be good for 3 months (non cream soups will keep for 6 months).  That article was a beacon of hope :)  Thank you so much Soup Chick!! 

     Dilemma#1 - check!  (Hubby and I had take-out, natch!)

     My husband was retrenched late last year and has not been successful in finding another job.  The worldwide economic crisis didn't help and his age plays a factor as well.  He's in a semi-retired state as we speak - which is still ok since I'm still gainfully employed.  Timing's actually good - while Becca's away, he can take care of the house.  But then, he has 2 slipped discs that pretty much hampers his movements.  Solution to Dilemma #2?  I will drive the kids to school in the morning, go to the office, then pick them up during lunch time, buy lunch, then continue to work from home in the afternoon.  Thankfully, my manager agreed to this set-up (God bless him).

     So I mentioned the hubby's slipped discs, right?  That just means that he can't really do much cleaning around the house.  So I saw myself changing into my house clothes the moment I arrive, dock in my PC, check emails and then I grab the mop & the duster.  I find myself appreciating these products that helped me clean the house, quickly and efficiently.

3M High Performance Microfibre Mop - It just captures the dust, hair (pet and human), and dirt so effectively.  All our windows are open the whole day, so even if you mop (wet) the day before, you'll still gather so much dust the day after. 

Magiclean Handy Duster - love this!  I have a set in my office as well.  You can see the dust disappear after one swipe.  Lovely! 

Terra Care Marble & Terrazo Floor Cleaner - Ad this with water, mop your marble flooring, let it dry and see your floor shine in no time.  I think they've changed the brand name to Mr Muscle.
    
And the crème de la crème (for me anyway) - even though I'm totally clueless in the kitchen, I do know how to keep it clean.  And Mr. Muscle Kitchen Cleaner is my go to product.  It's sssooo good in getting rid of oil and grease build up on your kitchen tiles, counter, stove top, sink, the works!  Spray it on, let it sit if the scum is too much, wipe it off with a sponge or a cloth, and voilà!  Good as new!!  The only downside here is that it really doesn't smell so nice, as in.  But hey, it works!

    
     And so we managed to survive 2 weeks without killing each other (haha), none of us starved to death, we didn't get sick (that happened after Becca came back, go figure!), and the kids still managed to participate in their school's year end concert!  Woohoo!

     I'm not complaining about the work, mind you.  It was good to see myself sweating from the house work, and I lost 2 Kg!  But I just want to say this - I have so much respect for those working mothers who do not have any helpers at all.  It's really a huge feat - amazing, they are.  And a shout out to the domestic helpers.  People don't realize it, but so much is entrusted on these remarkable people. 

     As for me, I stayed in bed the whole day when Becca came back.  I was back to being a lazy bugger.




14 comments:

  1. Designated spots, and the room transformed into a haven of creativity, now harmoniously organized.

    As the day wore on, each room
    Milan Clean . underwent a remarkable metamorphosis. Bathrooms regained their pristine allure,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adapting this routine to your specific needs and preferences will help you maintain a clean and comfortable living space. Adjust the frequency of tasks based on your lifestyle and the size of your home.

    We're Heaven Scent Cleaning Services LLC quickly built a reputation as one of the leading providers of residential and commercial cleaning solutions. Commercial Cleaning Service in Atlanta | Office Cleaning Service Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the best information and suggestions, If you are looking for the best biohazard cleaning company in UK, then visit cliffycox. Highly energetic blog, I’d love to find out some additional information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with a lot of the points you made in this article. If you are looking for the Commercial Cleaning Services in UK, then visit All Cleaning Services. I love your content, they are very nice and very useful to us and this text is worth everyone’s attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is very helpful for me. Thanks for your information.Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking for top-notch cleaning services in Laguna Hills? Bundl Window & Carpet Cleaning! With their stellar reputation for professionalism and attention to detail, they're the go-to choice for anyone seeking superior cleaning solutions. From sparkling windows to pristine carpets, Bundl delivers results that exceed expectations every time. Their commitment to customer satisfaction shines through in every service they provide. When it comes to keeping your space clean and fresh, Bundl Window & Carpet Cleaning is the name you can trust. Experience the difference for yourself and book your appointment today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Cleaning is not just about tidying up spaces, it's about creating a sanctuary within your home. Dive into our blog for expert tips and tricks on transforming cluttered chaos into serene simplicity. Let's embark on a journey to declutter the mind by organizing our surroundings. Discover efficient hacks and sustainable practices for a cleaner, greener lifestyle. Join our community as we redefine clean living, one swipe at a time." Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge.

    commercial cleaning services

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ensure your home projects are seamless with our expert mud and tape services, providing a flawless base for any paint job. Plus, our quality water taps add the perfect finishing touch to your plumbing needs, combining functionality with sleek design. Trust us for all your renovation and finishing needs.
    water tap
    mud and tape

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice blog about cleaning thank you for sharing. Rhino Pressure

    ReplyDelete