Subscribe:

Labels

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Palmier (Pastry)


     I first heard of Palmier from a blog by Chuvaness.  She was actually gushing over Leaf Pie from Japan and she mentioned that its quite similar to Palmier.    I thought nothing of it until I came upon a Palmier at Paul Boulangerie Patisserie in Takashimaya.  Tried it (price was pretty steep, S$3.60/pc), and I liked it a lot.  The price was the deterrent though.  I figured this will just have to be a rare treat for me.

     Then, last week, we were shopping at M&S Wheelock place and much to my delight, they also had Palmier at their bakery, in a more affordable price of S$1.50/pc.  Bought 2 pcs to try and the wonder twins pretty much gobbled them up and declared that it was their favorite.

     I decided to compare.  I was in Lucky Plaza today and decided, at the last minute, to buy Palmier from both M&S and Paul.  It was a brisk walk from Lucky Plaza, to Wheelock Place, to Takashimaya, then back to LP.  Needless to say, I was out of breath and sweating by the time I got into my car, which was parked in LP.  All in the name of blogging... yeah, right! :)  



     Here's how M&S Palmier looks like - 

   
     Paul Boulangerie's - 
 

     Side by Side -


    
My colleague and I tried each one, and here's our assessment:
Paul - crunchy, buttery taste.  Not too sweet
M&S -chewy and sweet

     They both taste good, but I'm thinking S$3.60 price tag is a bit too much on a momma budget.  Sorry Paul.  And since the twins enjoyed M&S version a lot, I'm happy :)

     Next thing to try, Leaf Pie.  Horizons are expanding, thanks to Chuvaness! :)





1 comments:

  1. Thanks for shareing the information it is useful details.
    Experience the exceptional commercial cleaning services of BeasHomeServices in Princeton. Our dedicated team of professionals ensures spotless cleanliness and impeccable hygiene for your business premises. Trust us to deliver top-notch results that leave a lasting impression on your clients and employees. Contact us for a customized cleaning solution tailored to your specific needs.

    ReplyDelete