Subscribe:

Labels

Saturday, October 13, 2012

La Cage and Smiggle


     B and I watched La Cage Aux Folles last Aug 4, 2012 at the Esplanade Theater (Matinee show).


     But before going to the theater, we dropped by at the Funan Digital Life Mall to buy me a laptop sleeve.  Finally bought one from Case Logic - quite happy with the product, thank you very much :)


     After a not-so-nice lunch, we hailed a cab to get to the Esplanade but unfortunately some of the roads were blocked because of the National Day rehearsals.  So B and I were dropped off somewhere near Suntec and we were forced to walk all the way to Esplanade.  B wanted to go home right at that moment (can you just imagine what was going on in his mind at the thought of walking that far??!!) but I managed to convince him to forge ahead (I'm not sure how).  Sayang naman yung ticket noh?  So finally we got there just in the nick of time, sat down on our seats, and while trying to catch our breath, surveyed the scene.  :)  The theater was decked out in red (as is the theme) and the audience was charged, especially the one I was sitting next to (not B).  This person was dancing in his seat!  Obviously, it was quite a fun show :)

     Dinner (and of course, cocktails) was at Harry's.  After a lovely meal, it was time to head home.  Uh-oh, no cabs kasi nga may rehearsals, pambihira.  B and I walked all the way to City Hall Station, and all that time I was trying to re-assure him that we were almost there, that walking is good, that its exercise, kaya mo yan.  Finally, just a few meters from the station, we stopped so that B can rest a bit.  And Smiggle caught my eye [City Link, B1-48 City Link Mall].  I was attracted to the array of colors and I told myself that I will just browse, but man, their products are really very nice :).  Ended up getting this for my daughter's birthday (photos courtesy of Smiggle.com):


30 pack gel pens.  Pack contains a mixture of gel, neon, glitter and pastel pens.  Oh and they're scented too! 

     While paying for my purchase, the cashier tells me that this was on offer and I should get it.  I heard myself say OK (what the ??).  My daughter gets another present :)

Smiggle 24 oil pastels
     And then she tells me just for a few $, you'll get a stamp.  I quickly looked for something and ended up with this (pasalubong):


Smiggle Rainbow Pencil

     Now THAT was a very effective sales strategy.  I was hooked LOL!  You can find Smiggle at these locations.

What a day!




0 comments:

Post a Comment