Subscribe:

Labels

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Arnold's Fried Chicken


     Lunch today was at Arnold's Fried Chicken's main branch in City Plaza.  It was the first time for me and I was really looking forward to trying it given all the good reviews I've been hearing.


     My all time faves are Max's Fried Chicken ("Sarap to the bones!")


      Jollibee's Chickenjoy 


     4fingers (aka Bonchon), soy garlic flavor


     and Popeyes (mild flavor)


     Will I be wowed by Arnold's? 

     Ordered the 2 pc chicken meal (comes with fries and coleslaw which I had it changed to mashed potato), buns (carbs to the max!) and iced milo (natch!).  B had 1/2 spring chicken meal (with fries and mashed potato as well), buns and rootbeer float (sige na nga pagbigyan ang soda).

     The chicken was crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, nice!  Do note that I had the chicken breast part, which is normally bland and dry.  It was, however, a bit too peppery for me - I have a very low "anghang" (spicy) threshold. 

     The gravy that came with the mashed potato paired well with the chicken, though most of the customers ate theirs with chili sauce/chili ketchup.  The mashed potato is just normal, nothing extraordinary.  I still prefer Popeyes version with cajun gravy. 

     Halfway through our lunch, we noticed the long queue outside the resto - boy, were we glad we got there early :)

     I left the place full (burp!) and admittedly content.  I will surely come back for seconds but I will order 2 drinks next time :).

     Arnold's can be found at the following outlets and they also deliver.  As the locals say - die die must try!


0 comments:

Post a Comment